Mission and Vision
Our vision is Journeying together; experiencing God; embracing community and we want this to be at the very heart of who we are.
Our Vision is based on two key passages from the Bible. These help us to focus on what our church is all about and what our priorities should be.
1. Matthew 22: 37-40 - The Great Commandment
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbour as yourself'.
2. Matthew 28:18-20 - The Great Commission
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Our aim is to model our vision in three directions: Love the Lord your God (UP), love your neighbour (OUT), and love ourselves (IN). By using the model of a triangle, holding the three different emphases and directions for growth in balance, we hope to ensure we are obeying Jesus and nurturing a healthy, balanced church community life.
- Encountering God through freedom in worship
- Deepening our personal relationship with God
- Strengthening our faith through studying and embracing the Word of God and Biblical truths
- Building relationships as we serve and embrace our community
- Genuine welcoming culture
- Passionate about sharing the Gospel
- Devoted to growing and modeling authentic friendships
- Creative communications to inspire and engage
- Encouraging and journeying together as disciples